To recognize the features and operation of WANs, the characteristics of static routing, and configure a static route to an IP network
Network administrators, network engineers, network managers, network designers, and project managers; individuals seeking the Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCNET) certification and those individuals targeting the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
Basic computer literacy, basic Windows navigation skills, basic Internet usage skills, and basic e-mail usage skills
Expected Duration (hours)
Cisco ICND1 1.1: WAN Technologies and Routing
- recognize the characteristics of WANs, their major devices, and their technologies.
- recognize the functions of packet-switched networks, DSL, cable-based WANs, and the evolution and function of the Internet.
- recognize how to configure Internet access using the DHCP client, NAT, and PAT on Cisco routers.
- recognize the basic routing process and types, and configure a static route.
- configure a serial connection and a static route.