To explain the main concepts of database systems
Anyone wanting to understand the fundamental concepts of relational database architecture and management
An understanding of the fundamental concepts of information technology
Expected Duration (hours)
An Introduction to Database Systems
- differentiate between a database and a Database Management System (DBMS.)
- identify the requirements of a good database.
- examine an example of a database system and the elements comprising the database system.
- describe the evolution of database models.
- describe the structure and evolution of database architectures.
- design a database.
- differentiate between data warehousing and Online Transactional Processing (OLTP).
- describe the features and characteristics of an Oracle relational database management system (RDBMS) and an Oracle object relational database management system (ORDBMS).
- describe the main components of an Oracle9i database server.