Network Administrators create security polices, generate audit reports, and prepare disaster recovery contingency plans in the hope of both avoiding network security failures and being prepared should they actually occur. This course examines the methods used to secure a network environment through security policies, user education, and resource monitoring. The course also explores business continuity planning, backups, and disaster recovery planning. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the CompTIA Security+ (2008 Edition) certification exam.
Organizations involved in IT services or training that need to have personnel qualified for onwards delivery of IT support or training; businesses that will need up-to-date Security+ training for their own internal networking support purposes; individuals who are personally interested in establishing credentials for the benefit of their own career prospects.
Although not a prerequisite, it is recommended that CompTIA Security+ candidates have at least two years on-the-job networking experience with an emphasis on security. The CompTIA Network+ certification is also recommended.
Expected Duration (hours)
CompTIA Security+ 2008: Auditing, Security Policies, and Disaster Recovery
- recognize scenarios related to device and application logging
- recognize how to monitor system performance
- recognize what auditing systems involves
- run a DCS and view DCS reports
- recognize how to create a security policy
- recognize how to create a human resources policy
- recognize how to create an incident response policy
- recognize the function of a change management process for a network
- recognize the educational and training needs for users and administrators
- recognize how to dispose of IT equipment
- assess the security structures for an organization
- recognize how to create a redundancy plan
- recognize how to create a disaster recovery plan
- recognize the data backup schemes
- recognize the backup media rotation schemes
- recognize the controls used to protect network environments
- prepare key elements of a disaster recovery plan